Full Support for Cisco Solutions
Assure your Cisco solutions with proven managed services from Optanix, a longtime Cisco managed service provider.
Cisco Unified Communications and Contact Center solutions, together with their underlying IT infrastructure, are mission-critical for modern businesses. Unfortunately, their complexity and inherent need for uninterrupted uptime makes managing them a challenge. Assure the performance and availability of your essential Cisco solutions and supporting infrastructure with help from Optanix, the preeminent Cisco managed service provider (MSP).
Business Benefits of Cisco Managed Services
Leveraging managed service provider support for your Cisco Unified Communications and Contact Center solutions helps you realize a range of benefits.
PRIORITIZE IT EFFORTS
Enable your IT staff to focus on strategic initiatives instead of the tedious task of managing complex Cisco solutions.
Maximize the potential of your investments in Cisco solutions by ensuring those solutions operate at peak performance and thereby achieve high utilization rates.
Minimize the risk of your Cisco solutions experiencing outages and interruptions to improve the satisfaction levels of customers who you interact with using those solutions.
Prevent downtime and poor performance that prohibit employees dependent on Cisco solutions from doing their jobs.
Cisco Managed Services from Optanix
The Optanix Remote Management Service (RMS) combines the knowledge of the Cisco experts in the Optanix support center with the power of the Cisco-specific features in the Optanix Platform. This integrated managed service offering provides customers with a level of support for Cisco solutions that they cannot obtain from other MSPs.
Through Optanix RMS, Optanix offers differentiated support for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Cisco Unified Communications (UC), as well as the underlying infrastructure that supports these solutions.
Cisco UCCE is a contact center solution designed for enterprise customers. It delivers a full range of call routing and management features over an IP infrastructure. UCCE environments are comprised of multi-layer, distributed applications with multiple service components, making them inherently complex and difficult to manage.
Leverage Optanix RMS to assure the performance and availability of your critical yet complex UCCE environment.
- Optanix provides managed service provider support for over 60 Cisco Contact Center customers.
- 100% of our L2 and L3 engineers hold Cisco certifications, including many advanced contact center certifications.
- The Optanix Platform has been purpose-built to monitor and manage real-time communications solutions from Cisco by Cisco experts, including several CCIEs. Its proprietary UCCE features and functionality help Optanix engineers find and solve problems that often go unnoticed with other tools.
Cisco UC solutions deliver integrated voice, video, mobility and presence services across endpoints, devices and applications. Environments comprised of so many varied and distributed technologies are technically complex and thereby difficult to manage.
Leverage Optanix RMS to assure the performance and availability of your critical yet complex UC environment.
- Optanix provides managed service provider support for some of the world’s largest Cisco UC networks, with a combined total of over three million endpoints under management.
- Optanix holds a Cisco Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialization.
- 100% of our L2 and L3 engineers hold Cisco certifications, including many advanced UC and collaboration certifications.
- The Optanix Platform has been purpose-built to monitor and manage real-time communications solutions from Cisco by Cisco experts, including several CCIEs. Its proprietary UC features and functionality help Optanix engineers find and solve problems that often go unnoticed with other tools.
Assuring the performance and availability of the IT infrastructure that underpins Cisco UC and UCCE solutions is equally as important as assuring those solutions themselves.
Leverage Optanix RMS to ensure both your infrastructure and the solutions running on top of it are always operating at peak performance.
- Optanix was named a “Challenger” in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Network Services.
- Optanix and its employees hold certifications for vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, VMware and others.
- The Optanix Platform provides full-stack monitoring, with end-to-end management of the IT infrastructure and the solutions it supports. This allows Optanix to monitor and manage entire IT environments from a single platform, enabling our engineers to pinpoint issues more accurately and solve them more quickly than other managed service providers are able to.
Cisco Managed Service Provider Certifications
From the time we earned our first Cisco certification in 2000 to today, our partners have made Optanix their first call when they have a customer with a Cisco solution in need of management. Our collection of Cisco managed service provider certifications serves as proof of our ability to provide first-rate support for Cisco solutions.
Cisco Premier Certification
Optanix’s status as a Cisco Premier Certified Partner serves as affirmation of our breadth of skills across Cisco technologies and our ability to support customers in those technologies.
Cisco Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialization
This designation signifies that Optanix is an expert in the Cisco Collaboration Architecture, including unified communications, conferencing, customer care and collaboration endpoints.
Cisco Advanced Data Center Architecture Specialization
This specialization indicates that Optanix is an expert in the Cisco Data Center Architecture. The Cisco Unified Data Center platform unifies computing, storage, networking, virtualization and management into a single architecture.
Cisco Advanced Unified Contact Center Enterprise Specialization
This certification recognizes Optanix’s expertise in intelligent call routing, network-to-desktop computer telephony integration, and contact management solutions to enterprise agents over an IP-based network.
Cisco Preferred Solution Partner
Optanix maintains Cisco Preferred Solution Partner status for monitoring of both Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) deployments. The Optanix Platform achieved Cisco Compatible status for such deployments after undergoing successful certification testing administered by Cisco.
Individual Employee Certifications
Optanix employs 150+ Cisco Certified team members, including several Cisco Certified Internetwork Experts (CCIEs).
Managed Service Provider Software
Optanix occupies a unique space in the managed services market as a longtime MSP with its own internally developed service assurance software solutions. For 20 years, Optanix has been working round-the-clock to assure the performance and availability of some of the world’s most complex Cisco UC and UCCE environments. Our product engineers have taken this firsthand experience and leveraged the learnings it has provided to develop the technology that powers Optanix RMS.
The Optanix Platform
The Optanix Platform performs full-stack monitoring and is the engine behind our managed services. The platform holds Cisco Compatible certification for monitoring Cisco UC and UCCE deployments. It delivers predictive and proactive service assurance for such implementations by providing Optanix RMS engineers with actionable intelligence that enables them to prioritize and address incidents in a rapid fashion.
To improve the effectiveness of the Optanix Platform for the Optanix support center, we have developed a managed service provider software solution which we refer to as the Service Infrastructure Management Layer, or SIML. SIML helps Optanix reduce mean time to resolution by automatically routing problem tickets directly to specialist groups with expertise in that type of problem. In other words, UC problems get routed directly to our UC team, and UCCE problems get routed directly to our UCCE team, avoiding the need for time-consuming processing by generalists.
A Cisco MSP Success Story
When one of Europe’s largest FinTech companies experienced performance and availability issues with its Cisco contact centers, they brought in Optanix to replace their incumbent Cisco managed service provider. At go-live, over 3,800 endpoints, 28 Cisco UCCE servers and 16 Cisco UC servers – along with supporting network infrastructure – were under management by Optanix.
By correlating events and automatically validating incidents, the Optanix Platform has reduced incident volumes by 99.8% for the customer. This reduction ensures that Optanix support center engineers spend their time working on real contact center issues for the customer rather than drowning in noise.
Read the full case study to learn what other business benefits Optanix managed services provided for this large payment processor.
FAQs for MSPs
Selecting a managed service provider is a major decision. Because of that, companies often have a lot of questions during the decision-making process. Here are some questions that companies frequently ask, accompanied by answers from Optanix, an experienced MSP.
Managed service providers remotely manage customers’ IT services and infrastructure. An MSP and its customers are typically bound by contractual service-level agreements (SLAs). These agreements define performance, availability and quality metrics the MSP must achieve for the customer environments they are managing. MSPs uphold SLAs by identifying and remediating issues that are afflicting customer environments.
There are many benefits to engaging with a managed service provider. By utilizing an MSP, a company can eliminate the need to staff and maintain an internal IT operations organization. For companies with existing IT operations staff, MSPs can be used to fill skill gaps. Leveraging managed services can also enable a company’s IT personnel to focus more on strategic initiatives than day-to-day operations. Additionally, MSPs can help most companies achieve higher levels of performance and availability for their critical business services than those companies could achieve on their own.
Look for a managed service provider that possesses the following key attributes:
- Certifications: Look for an MSP that maintains certifications and specializations related to the technologies you need managed and security best practices.
- Intelligent Software: Your MSP should leverage intelligent service assurance software that enables it to quickly diagnose and remediate issues.
- Proven ITSM Methodology: MSPs should follow a proven ITSM methodology such as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- High Renewal Rate: Partner with an MSP that has achieved a high renewal rate. That indicates that customers value the service they receive from the provider.
Choose a managed service provider that can meet your needs in the following areas:
- Coverage: Opt for an MSP that can provide the coverage you need in terms of time (24×7 vs. business hours support), geography (regional vs. national vs. global support) and technologies.
- SLA Alignment: Select an MSP that will work with you to align SLAs with your business priorities. You should not accept insufficient SLAs that leave you without proper coverage, nor should you pay for SLAs that greatly exceed your needs.
- References: Be sure any MSP you consider is able to connect you directly with reference customers. Ideal references will fit a similar profile as your business in terms of industry, size and technology landscape.