Leverage IT Operations Automations to Increase Efficiency and Effectiveness of Service Assurance Efforts
Successful businesses are transforming themselves to all-digital models, increasing the size, reach, and complexity of their IT environments. To keep business services operating smoothly and effectively, IT operations teams must utilize automation at an increasing rate while leaving behind time-consuming, error-prone manual processes fraught with high costs and high risk.
OPTX improves the effectiveness of your service assurance efforts while also reducing associated cost, time and risk by offering a range of out-of-the-box and user-defined IT operations automation capabilities. These capabilities not only improve OPTX’s ability to validate and remediate issues identified by our root cause analysis (RCA) engine, they can extend to just about any task envisioned by IT operations teams.
Reduce Effort of Managing IT Environments with Execution Framework Automations
OPTX’s Execution Framework reduces the cost and complexity of managing IT environments by automating key tasks to increase the efficiency of IT staff and reduce human error. Tasks can be executed on a schedule, in response to an event or on demand. Intuitive dashboards and reports are provided to help users understand the details of the automated workflows performed.
Some examples of automated tasks include – but are not limited to – validation of root cause analysis, opening or updating of tickets, onboarding of devices and/or running diagnostic tests against them, and gathering of additional troubleshooting information. The Execution Framework also enables users to create custom automations and to extend the platform to include devices not currently managed.
How Execution Framework Automations Help IT Ops Teams
Out-of-the-Box and Custom Automations
Save engineering time by leveraging IT operations automations – either those that come standard with OPTX or those custom-created within the platform to meet specific needs – that can be performed in response to events or on a schedule.
Integrate new types of devices using standard protocols and interfaces and have them benefit from both the IT operations automations within OPTX and full workflow reporting from the platform’s Execution Framework.
Intuitive UI and Configuration
Create custom IT operations automations and integrate devices quickly and easily using OPTX’s intuitive graphical user interface and configuration tools.
Do a Deep Dive on Smart Analytics
Deliver Exceptional Service Using Economical, Out-of-the-Box IT Operations Automations
Developing effective, advanced IT management automations can be both expensive and difficult, requiring the work of skillful engineers. This makes such an effort cost-prohibitive for many companies – although certain automations may save them money in the long run, the resources required for the initial development of those automations can be a roadblock.
I&O teams can take a faster and more economical route to improving IT operations automation capabilities by leveraging the off-the-shelf automation features integrated into OPTX. The platform’s readymade automation capabilities include:
- Topology-Based Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Actionable Intelligence: Uses automation to analyze problems more deeply, take corrective actions and retest prior to creating a ticket.
- Smart Analytics: Looks at data over time to automatically create dynamic baselines that account for time of day and day of week. Also automatically predicts future capacity usage based on normal baseline and rate of change.
- Business Impact Monitoring: Automatically maps business services to the IT services and components that support them and keeps the mapping up to date when adds/moves/changes take place.
- Execution Framework Automation: Automates key tasks to increase the efficiency of the IT staff and reduce errors and also enables users to create custom automations.
- Service Infrastructure Management Layer (SIML): Leverages machine learning and automation to streamline workflows and create operational efficiencies.
- Service Infrastructure Management Layer (SIML) FieldWatch: Streamlines workflows by automatically routing tickets to the experts.