Optanix Named a Challenger in 2020 Gartner Managed Network Services Magic Quadrant
Gartner recently published the 2020 Gartner Managed Network Services Magic Quadrant – its first ever for the managed network services (MNS) market – which identified Optanix as a Challenger in the MNS space. Optanix’s placement in the report is based on Gartner’s evaluation of our ability to execute and our completeness of vision relative to other managed network services providers. Notably, Optanix placed second highest for ability to execute among all vendors in the quadrant.
Optanix Managed Network Services Offering
For the Gartner Managed Network Services Magic Quadrant report, Gartner evaluated the MNS capabilities included in the Optanix Remote Management Service (RMS). Through Optanix RMS, Optanix support center engineers assume responsibility for assuring a company’s mission-critical business services and service delivery infrastructure.
Optanix RMS is a complete and proactive 24×7 ITIL incident management and remediation service, powered by the Optanix Platform and staffed by engineers with training and experience on an array of technologies. Through Optanix RMS, the Optanix Platform proactively detects, validates and diagnoses incidents and immediately notifies the Optanix support center – giving our team the detailed information they need to rapidly remediate issues.
Optanix Managed Network Services Differentiators
Optanix is extremely honored to receive this recognition from Gartner and believe it reflects the value and differentiation we provide to both our partners and end-clients through our managed network services offering. That value and differentiation are derived primarily from the fact that Optanix occupies a very unique space in the MNS market as a longtime managed service provider with its own internally developed full-stack service assurance platform.
Our integrated organizational approach allows us to be nimble in response to both customer and market demands in ways that other companies cannot. By combining both R&D and Operations organizations under one roof, we are able to internally develop our surveillance capabilities and machine learning techniques while also driving continual service improvement with both surveillance tactics and runbook automation.
Our organizational structure also enables us to deliver a managed services offering that integrates Optanix people, processes and technology into a comprehensive service assurance solution. This integrated organizational model creates great efficiencies for us which we pass on to our partners and end-clients.
Another principal differentiator for Optanix in the MNS space is something we refer to as “service vernacular.” Service vernacular is an organizational mindset that is engrained in our people, processes and technology. It is intended to improve customer experience by focusing on translating what we do into something our enterprise customers can understand in the context of their own business. In other words, service vernacular takes the IT systems surveillance we perform on behalf of our customers and expresses how it affects their business units, community of users or critical applications.
But it goes much deeper, with the heart of the mindset rooted in a continuum of visibility that we provide to our customers. This continuum is broken down into three major perspectives:
- It starts with transparency. This is the most fundamental perspective as we provide partners and our customers with access to the same real-time and historical monitoring systems that we use in our network operations center (NOC). Troubleshooting and service performance conversations rooted with empirical facts that all parties have access to yields quicker agreement between parties and ultimately improves service restoration for the enterprise.
- Above transparency are curated real-time NOC dashboards. In most enterprise environments, the use of a managed service provider does not eliminate the needs to maintain internal NOCs or to know where services stand at any given moment. Thus, we provide real-time dashboards that leverage our Business Impact Modeling service views, as well as status dashboards for critical service points, location statuses and network resources.
- At the top of the information chain is real-time access and eBonding between the customer’s ITSM platform and our own, because ultimately, time to restoration and us holding ourselves accountable to SLAs are what matters to our enterprise customers.
Benefits of Managed Network Services from Optanix
As outlined above, our people, processes and technology enable us to deliver high-quality managed network services to customers around the globe – and helped us to land in the Gartner Managed Network Services Magic Quadrant. By entrusting their operations to Optanix, those customers realize a number of benefits:
- Their need to grow internal capabilities to fill skill gaps is greatly reduced
- They are afforded the ability to focus on strategic areas that deliver direct value to their core business instead of day-to-day tasks associated with “keeping the lights on”
- They are able to achieve improved network performance and reduced downtime
DOWNLOAD THE 2020 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT for managed network services (and see why Optanix was named a CHALLENGER IN THE MNS SPACE)
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.